Occasionally the Kohler Police Department will receive complaints about parking problems throughout the Village. Typically neighbors don’t want to complain directly to their fellow neighbor, but call our department with questions or to start a complaint. Following are some general guidelines:
- Parking is allowed on any Village street that is not posted.
- Residents may park on streets that are posted with "One hour parking, resident exempt" signs. Please note that in order to qualify as a resident, the license plate of the vehicle must be registered to an address in the Village.
- Parking is restricted near the Kohler Company to one hour and two hour parking. The only exception is for residents of the Village of Kohler. All others must abide by the restriction.
- Any vehicle parked on a Village street must be moved a minimum of every 72 hours. However, the Village does have a 24-hour restriction on parking of trailers, campers, and RV’s on any Village street for longer than a 24-hour period. If an owner of an RV needs longer than that for preparation for a trip, contact the police department. The village ordinance 11.20.030 was enacted to limit the amount of boats and other types of trailers on the streets for several reasons, including esthetics.
- Vehicles need to be parked four feet from a driveway, 10 feet from a fire hydrant, and 15 feet from a marked crosswalk.
- Residents are not exempt from parking regulations for "prohibited" or "handicapped" parking locations.
Payment of Parking Tickets:
Parking tickets may be paid in one of three ways:
1. You may pay your ticket in person at the Kohler Police Department.
2. You may mail your payment to the Kohler Police Department.
3. You may deposit your payment in an envelope in the "Parking Ticket Payment" box in the north lobby entrance.
Non-Payment of Parking Tickets:
Parking tickets which remain unpaid after a warning of unpaid parking violation will be referred to the DOT for a vehicle registration suspension.